Cover Design Digital Art
Photo Manipulation Final Ms. Alisa
Date Assigned: November 2nd Due Date: November 10th
Goal: To demonstrate expertise in photo manipulation by applying it in a real life situation as a cover design artist.
Explanation: Now that you have had some practice in photo manipulation you will need to create one final project to show your skills. This project will be based on a real life example of using digital art in a professional way. You must use at least one photo of your own, the rest you can find from free use sites online. You may choose from one of the projects below.
- Create an album cover/image for a new, old, or made music album
- Create a movie poster for a new, old, or made movie
- Create a book cover for a new, old, or made up book
- Must include at least one of your own photographs
- Must focus on photo manipulation using multiple photographs merged together
- All free use/creative commons photos used (if not your own)
- Must include the name of the book/movie/album and other relevant information
- Creative, unique, and original
1. Find two book cover or movie poster or music album designs with especially intriguing or pleasing designs and create a blog post with them. Link the images so they are visible in your reply.
Explain what makes the design memorable. Be specific about the colors, composition, concept, etc. ("I just think it looks really cool" is not an acceptable style of answer. Put some thought into your response.)
2. Brainstorm what you would like to create and write a blog post about it. Include the following information:
Which option did you choose and why?
Are you going to do a new, old, or made up cover and why?
What book/movie/album and why?
What main elements will be important for your design and why?
What part will you photograph yourself?
3. Create design.